Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lathers & Lights Strawberry Festival Body Butter and Lathers & Lights Exotic Angel Cake Body Yogurt

Tried two more sample packets today: 1 is a May LE scent that should be disappearing any day now and the other hasn't surfaced yet on the site.

Strawberry Festival's official description is "sticky sweet strawberry cotton candy". Let me start off by saying I love Strawberry Sunrise (strawberry/blood orange). It's a great strawberry-orange smoothie scent, the strawberry is a little artificial but the blood orange gives it a fresh kick. I also have Strawberry Buttercream (vanilla buttercream frosting/strawberry) Body Butter and that's also really yummy. It's a perfect Strawberry Shortcake- lots of cakey vanilla and strawberry syrup. Strawberry Festival is really terrible for me. It's the worst super sugary fake strawberry. Not even Strawberry Shortcake doll scent. Cotton candy is not my friend apparently. If you like very sugary, very fruity scents you may like this. Maybe as a shampoo or conditioner? But not as anything that will last on my skin. I wanted to scrub it off.

Exotic Angel Cake has been a scent released before (though I can't seem to find a description) and will probably be included in the June release. It was definitely cake with a very light fruity background, I kept getting cherry but I wouldn't quote me on that. A very light fruity bakery scent. Not me but not terrible. I've tried the Body Yogurt before and it is a very liquidy light lotion, great for summer for those who want a light quick drying lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment